HomePortalRegisterSearchMemberlistUsergroupsCalendarFAQLog in

Share | 
 

 Resistance 3 | No Spoilers

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Do you like R3 ?
Yes
71%
 71% [ 5 ]
No
29%
 29% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 7
 

AuthorMessage
CiONE
Founder
avatar

Number of posts : 4482

PostSubject: Resistance 3 | No Spoilers   Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:39 pm


Platform: Playstation 3
Release Date: September 6, 2011
Developer: Insomniac Games
Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment


Plot[/center]

The game will not follow the main protagonist of the previous two games, Nathan Hale. Instead, it will follow the story of Joseph Capelli, who was introduced in the previous installment, Resistance 2. The game takes place in 1957, 4 years after the events of Resistance 2, where Capelli has since started a family with former protagonist's, Nathan Hale's, stepsister, Susan. The Chimera have since become the dominant race in the world, while the surviving humans have turned to cannibalism due to a lack of food. Around 90% of humanity has been eradicated.

The game begins with Capelli who is living with his wife and child in Haven, Oklahoma, an underground human outpost. On August 9, 1957, Dr. Fyodor Malikov turns up to ask Joseph for one last favor, which is to help destroy the wormhole created in New York City after the Chimeran Fleet was wiped out on June 26, 1953. Soon afterwards, a Chimeran Death Squad finds out Haven and attacks the town. Capelli and the other residents fight off the Chimera, in which he subsequently decides to follow Malikov to New York.

One of the Chimeran goals seems to be to open a wormhole. To where is unknown, but it is presumably to their home planet.


Multiplayer

Resistance 3 features 16 player competitive online multiplayer with both deathmatch and objective-based modes. It also includes a customizable progression system where players spend points earned by playing online to unlock customized loadouts that include various tactical and combat attributes. There is also a co-operative mode where players can team up to play through the story mode either online or split-screen. Unlike in Resistance 2, there will be no 8 player co-op. The multiplayer maps are set in locations around the world such as the Fort Lamy prison in the Republic of Chad, Africa; a Trainyard in Bogoto, Columbia; a seaside map set in Wales, and Alice Springs, Australia. Some of these maps are not included in the story mode.


Discuss the story, multiplayer, and features of Resistance 3 here in this thread. Also don't forget to vote in the poll.


Last edited by CiONE on Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:07 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xKeRo-
Noob King
Noob King
avatar

Number of posts : 139

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3 | No Spoilers   Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:19 pm

the feel is in the middle of rfom and r2 has both of its traits its like the evil child of it. They still need to fix a few items... Carbine is to weak, shotgun is way to good, the invisible perk chimera get is way to good cant even see them at all, spawns are eh easy to spawn camp

_________________
PSN: xKeRo-
CLAN: Throwback [K|B]
Came in 4th in R2 50k
R3, Uncharted 3, Twisted Metal
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1534616618
CiONE
Founder
avatar

Number of posts : 4482

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3 | No Spoilers   Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:30 pm

xKeRo- wrote:
the feel is in the middle of rfom and r2 has both of its traits its like the evil child of it. They still need to fix a few items... Carbine is to weak, shotgun is way to good, the invisible perk chimera get is way to good cant even see them at all, spawns are eh easy to spawn camp

Firstly i would like to thank you for posting to help get this active, secondly i agree with everything you said. The game is really good its better then i expected.

_________________



Back to top Go down
View user profile
xKeRo-
Noob King
Noob King
avatar

Number of posts : 139

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3 | No Spoilers   Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:51 pm

better than i expected as well, i was thinking it was going more towards R2 but now after playing it i think it is in the middle and almost its own game. I think the graphics seem better than both RFoM and R2. The R2 qualities it has are eh i wasn't a fan of the berserks and a few in this game seem a little to good like invisibility

_________________
PSN: xKeRo-
CLAN: Throwback [K|B]
Came in 4th in R2 50k
R3, Uncharted 3, Twisted Metal
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1534616618
CiONE
Founder
avatar

Number of posts : 4482

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3 | No Spoilers   Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:54 pm

xKeRo- wrote:
better than i expected as well, i was thinking it was going more towards R2 but now after playing it i think it is in the middle and almost its own game. I think the graphics seem better than both RFoM and R2. The R2 qualities it has are eh i wasn't a fan of the berserks and a few in this game seem a little to good like invisibility

Yeah the berserks are kinda gay, i wish there was no killstreaks in the game too but whatever they arent that powerful.. the auger is a beast but you have it for a short time ..

The graphics are better, but i still like the scale of characters in RFoM, what i mean is how much bigger the characters were on your screen, and i dont like that chimera and humans are the same size still.. but the game is its own game not a carbon copy of cod like R2 was.

_________________



Back to top Go down
View user profile
xKeRo-
Noob King
Noob King
avatar

Number of posts : 139

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3 | No Spoilers   Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:58 pm

yea killstreaks arent that bad at all just not into them its hard to get auger and mutant but the 3 kill streaks are WAY to good imo.

I liked the feature RFoM had with chimera can see threw ways but will be seen on radar and humans can run without being seen.

They completely got rid of that trait the chimera had!

_________________
PSN: xKeRo-
CLAN: Throwback [K|B]
Came in 4th in R2 50k
R3, Uncharted 3, Twisted Metal
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1534616618
CiONE
Founder
avatar

Number of posts : 4482

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3 | No Spoilers   Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:05 pm

xKeRo- wrote:
yea killstreaks arent that bad at all just not into them its hard to get auger and mutant but the 3 kill streaks are WAY to good imo.

I liked the feature RFoM had with chimera can see threw ways but will be seen on radar and humans can run without being seen.

They completely got rid of that trait the chimera had!

Yeah i know, i dont understand why it was a cool idea.. but i think they got rid of it because of overheating but overheating is how they kept their strength in the first one in check so they werent overpowered.

_________________



Back to top Go down
View user profile
xKeRo-
Noob King
Noob King
avatar

Number of posts : 139

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3 | No Spoilers   Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:09 pm

CiONE wrote:
xKeRo- wrote:
yea killstreaks arent that bad at all just not into them its hard to get auger and mutant but the 3 kill streaks are WAY to good imo.

I liked the feature RFoM had with chimera can see threw ways but will be seen on radar and humans can run without being seen.

They completely got rid of that trait the chimera had!

Yeah i know, i dont understand why it was a cool idea.. but i think they got rid of it because of overheating but overheating is how they kept their strength in the first one in check so they werent overpowered.
it was even advantage that game will never be overtaken in awesomeness

#laark1

_________________
PSN: xKeRo-
CLAN: Throwback [K|B]
Came in 4th in R2 50k
R3, Uncharted 3, Twisted Metal
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1534616618
CiONE
Founder
avatar

Number of posts : 4482

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3 | No Spoilers   Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:11 pm

xKeRo- wrote:
CiONE wrote:
xKeRo- wrote:
yea killstreaks arent that bad at all just not into them its hard to get auger and mutant but the 3 kill streaks are WAY to good imo.

I liked the feature RFoM had with chimera can see threw ways but will be seen on radar and humans can run without being seen.

They completely got rid of that trait the chimera had!

Yeah i know, i dont understand why it was a cool idea.. but i think they got rid of it because of overheating but overheating is how they kept their strength in the first one in check so they werent overpowered.
it was even advantage that game will never be overtaken in awesomeness

#laark1

It was before its time, too bad IG tried to copy other games and lost their identity in R2, but R3 is back on track.

Laark#2

_________________



Back to top Go down
View user profile
xKeRo-
Noob King
Noob King
avatar

Number of posts : 139

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3 | No Spoilers   Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:14 pm

CiONE wrote:
xKeRo- wrote:
CiONE wrote:
xKeRo- wrote:
yea killstreaks arent that bad at all just not into them its hard to get auger and mutant but the 3 kill streaks are WAY to good imo.

I liked the feature RFoM had with chimera can see threw ways but will be seen on radar and humans can run without being seen.

They completely got rid of that trait the chimera had!

Yeah i know, i dont understand why it was a cool idea.. but i think they got rid of it because of overheating but overheating is how they kept their strength in the first one in check so they werent overpowered.
it was even advantage that game will never be overtaken in awesomeness

#laark1

It was before its time, too bad IG tried to copy other games and lost their identity in R2, but R3 is back on track.

Laark#2
yea no doubt. got rid of a few weapons and brought new ones in... i wish they didnt nerf the carbine and sniper. So much different to snipe in R3 doesnt feel like a resistance game

_________________
PSN: xKeRo-
CLAN: Throwback [K|B]
Came in 4th in R2 50k
R3, Uncharted 3, Twisted Metal
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1534616618
CiONE
Founder
avatar

Number of posts : 4482

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3 | No Spoilers   Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:21 pm

Agreed i dont like the sniper scope or how fast the sniper rifle can shoot, i liked the pause between shots that 1 had.

_________________



Back to top Go down
View user profile
xKeRo-
Noob King
Noob King
avatar

Number of posts : 139

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3 | No Spoilers   Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:25 pm

yea they i think eliminated sniping basically. Its not the same its harder to get headshots because of how the characters are..

also going to miss making my own person not sure if they completely took that out because it is jsut a beta

_________________
PSN: xKeRo-
CLAN: Throwback [K|B]
Came in 4th in R2 50k
R3, Uncharted 3, Twisted Metal
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1534616618
CiONE
Founder
avatar

Number of posts : 4482

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3 | No Spoilers   Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:27 pm

xKeRo- wrote:
yea they i think eliminated sniping basically. Its not the same its harder to get headshots because of how the characters are..

also going to miss making my own person not sure if they completely took that out because it is jsut a beta

Again i agree with this, i like actual character customization that 1 (and i think 2 had? not sure i forget).. i mean ill take picking a skin because its better then most games but i prefer my own customization.

_________________



Back to top Go down
View user profile
xKeRo-
Noob King
Noob King
avatar

Number of posts : 139

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3 | No Spoilers   Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:32 pm

CiONE wrote:
xKeRo- wrote:
yea they i think eliminated sniping basically. Its not the same its harder to get headshots because of how the characters are..

also going to miss making my own person not sure if they completely took that out because it is jsut a beta

Again i agree with this, i like actual character customization that 1 (and i think 2 had? not sure i forget).. i mean ill take picking a skin because its better then most games but i prefer my own customization.
R2 had better Characters they had everything besides the black op skins in it plus more like my farmer i used everyday all day!

_________________
PSN: xKeRo-
CLAN: Throwback [K|B]
Came in 4th in R2 50k
R3, Uncharted 3, Twisted Metal
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1534616618
xKeRo-
Noob King
Noob King
avatar

Number of posts : 139

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3 | No Spoilers   Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:30 pm

<< Marksmen Whore

_________________
PSN: xKeRo-
CLAN: Throwback [K|B]
Came in 4th in R2 50k
R3, Uncharted 3, Twisted Metal
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1534616618
CiONE
Founder
avatar

Number of posts : 4482

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3 | No Spoilers   Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:34 pm

xKeRo- wrote:
<< Marksmen Whore

You know how it has no scope at first? i wonder if i upgrade it fully can i use it without the scope anyway because i like it with the iron sights better.

_________________



Back to top Go down
View user profile
x whiplash 09
Black Ops
Black Ops
avatar

Number of posts : 312

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3 | No Spoilers   Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:21 pm

anyone getting on the beta tonight?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CiONE
Founder
avatar

Number of posts : 4482

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3 | No Spoilers   Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:22 pm

x whiplash 09 wrote:
anyone getting on the beta tonight?

Albert and skullz are on now, im waiting for an invite so most definitely yes.

_________________



Back to top Go down
View user profile
xKeRo-
Noob King
Noob King
avatar

Number of posts : 139

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3 | No Spoilers   Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:21 pm

getting the hang of this mofo still hate invisible shotgun homo's

_________________
PSN: xKeRo-
CLAN: Throwback [K|B]
Came in 4th in R2 50k
R3, Uncharted 3, Twisted Metal
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1534616618
CiONE
Founder
avatar

Number of posts : 4482

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3 | No Spoilers   Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:48 pm

xKeRo- wrote:
getting the hang of this mofo still hate invisible shotgun homo's


yeah they need to make the invisible guys become less transparent while moving like halo does. In Reach the faster you walk the more visible you become, but also when you get close to a invisible enemy your radar scrambles so you know theres an invisible guy around so it helps prevent camping.

_________________



Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eking119
Assassin
Assassin
avatar

Number of posts : 96

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3 | No Spoilers   Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:13 pm

CiONE wrote:
xKeRo- wrote:
getting the hang of this mofo still hate invisible shotgun homo's


yeah they need to make the invisible guys become less transparent while moving like halo does. In Reach the faster you walk the more visible you become, but also when you get close to a invisible enemy your radar scrambles so you know theres an invisible guy around so it helps prevent camping.

Yeah. also i hate how the shotgun also shoots out fire

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CiONE
Founder
avatar

Number of posts : 4482

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3 | No Spoilers   Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:27 pm

Eking119 wrote:
CiONE wrote:
xKeRo- wrote:
getting the hang of this mofo still hate invisible shotgun homo's


yeah they need to make the invisible guys become less transparent while moving like halo does. In Reach the faster you walk the more visible you become, but also when you get close to a invisible enemy your radar scrambles so you know theres an invisible guy around so it helps prevent camping.

Yeah. also i hate how the shotgun also shoots out fire

Yeah its overpowered, and im not sure if shaking the controller works or not but if it does its harder to do

_________________



Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eking119
Assassin
Assassin
avatar

Number of posts : 96

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3 | No Spoilers   Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:33 pm

CiONE wrote:
Eking119 wrote:
CiONE wrote:
xKeRo- wrote:
getting the hang of this mofo still hate invisible shotgun homo's


yeah they need to make the invisible guys become less transparent while moving like halo does. In Reach the faster you walk the more visible you become, but also when you get close to a invisible enemy your radar scrambles so you know theres an invisible guy around so it helps prevent camping.

Yeah. also i hate how the shotgun also shoots out fire

Yeah its overpowered, and im not sure if shaking the controller works or not but if it does its harder to do
ye shaking off thigns is much harder

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
whowatchesme
Assassin
Assassin
avatar

Number of posts : 120

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3 | No Spoilers   Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:59 pm

So how's the beta?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CiONE
Founder
avatar

Number of posts : 4482

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3 | No Spoilers   Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:44 pm

whowatchesme wrote:
So how's the beta?

Its pretty good actually

_________________



Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3 | No Spoilers   

Back to top Go down
 
Resistance 3 | No Spoilers
Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Video Game Chat :: Video Game Chat-
Jump to: