Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalRegisterLatest imagesSearchLog in

Sony VS Microsoft

Go down 
4 posters

What do you feel about this?
Microsoft is protecting inferior technology
Sony VS Microsoft I_vote_lcap50%Sony VS Microsoft I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 2 ]
Smart move by Microsoft
Sony VS Microsoft I_vote_lcap25%Sony VS Microsoft I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
Who Cares
Sony VS Microsoft I_vote_lcap25%Sony VS Microsoft I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
CiONE
Founder
CiONE

Number of posts : 4482

Sony VS Microsoft Empty
PostSubject: Sony VS Microsoft   Sony VS Microsoft I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 2:46 pm

Did you guys see this yet? Click Here

Basically microsoft is saying they can refuse any game that does not launch at least simultaneously with competitors, or if the competitors version of the game has more content they can refuse to support that game. This is coming from the company that acquired CoD map packs a month or so earlier then ps3 every time.. Among other things

How do you feel about this? I love my xbox and my ps3, but this is just ridiculous to me.

Back to top Go down
x whiplash 09
Black Ops
Black Ops
x whiplash 09

Number of posts : 312

Sony VS Microsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sony VS Microsoft   Sony VS Microsoft I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 7:36 pm

MS is being dumb but who cares cause in 2 years a new xbox console will be out.
But i vote who cares cause i own both some i cant get games MS wont release.
Back to top Go down
CiONE
Founder
CiONE

Sony VS Microsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sony VS Microsoft   Sony VS Microsoft I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 7:38 pm

x whiplash 09 wrote:

The thing is if a game came with extra content on ps3 because it wouldn't fit on xbox and microsoft refused to put it on its console, that would discourage the developers to even put the extra content on the ps3 version so it would "dumb down" the ps3 (or wii u) version of the game..

It would be a lose - lose situation.
Back to top Go down
x whiplash 09
Black Ops
Black Ops
x whiplash 09

Sony VS Microsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sony VS Microsoft   Sony VS Microsoft I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 7:42 pm

CiONE wrote:
x whiplash 09 wrote:

The thing is if a game came with extra content on ps3 because it wouldn't fit on xbox and microsoft refused to put it on its console, that would discourage the developers to even put the extra content on the ps3 version so it would "dumb down" the ps3 (or wii u) version of the game..

Didn't think of it like that. I think wii u will flop.
Back to top Go down
CiONE
Founder
CiONE

Sony VS Microsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sony VS Microsoft   Sony VS Microsoft I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 7:45 pm

x whiplash 09 wrote:
CiONE wrote:
x whiplash 09 wrote:

It probably will, but yeah it could be gay if they do this.
Back to top Go down
x whiplash 09
Black Ops
Black Ops
x whiplash 09

Sony VS Microsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sony VS Microsoft   Sony VS Microsoft I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 11:08 am

CiONE wrote:
x whiplash 09 wrote:
CiONE wrote:
x whiplash 09 wrote:

It probably will, but yeah it could be gay if they do this.
it will be gay but it wouldn't surprise me after all it is MS we are talking about.
Back to top Go down
CiONE
Founder
CiONE

Sony VS Microsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sony VS Microsoft   Sony VS Microsoft I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 4:29 pm

Yeah great company but they are a ... company, they need to make their money.
Back to top Go down
whowatchesme
Assassin
Assassin
whowatchesme

Number of posts : 120

Sony VS Microsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sony VS Microsoft   Sony VS Microsoft I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 12:47 am

MS only does this because they lack 1st party titles so they try to get the best from the 3rd party titles to market them as exclusives or have a 1up over the competitor. MS is smart business company I'll give them that but that's why they also lack creative on a massive scale.

SONY has soul brother man. There releases even tho I'm not interested most of them anymore are solid. So far the only SONY games I'm looking forward to are StarHawk and Last Guardian. SONY still doesn't get the gaming business or I should say they don't wanna be tyrants anymore because when the ps1 and ps2 were out... man did SONY rule with an iron fist. I honestly think SONY needs to produce more original IPs like the two I mentioned. I feel like they are milking there current franchises and becoming Nintendo. I don't want another Nintendo.

I always said it SONY better games MS better service.
Back to top Go down
CiONE
Founder
CiONE

Sony VS Microsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sony VS Microsoft   Sony VS Microsoft I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 12:56 am

whowatchesme wrote:
MS only does this because they lack 1st party titles so they try to get the best from the 3rd party titles to market them as exclusives or have a 1up over the competitor. MS is smart business company I'll give them that but that's why they also lack creative on a massive scale.

SONY has soul brother man. There releases even tho I'm not interested most of them anymore are solid. So far the only SONY games I'm looking forward to are StarHawk and Last Guardian. SONY still doesn't get the gaming business or I should say they don't wanna be tyrants anymore because when the ps1 and ps2 were out... man did SONY rule with an iron fist. I honestly think SONY needs to produce more original IPs like the two I mentioned. I feel like they are milking there current franchises and becoming Nintendo. I don't want another Nintendo.

I always said it SONY better games MS better service.

I would generally agree with that, I mean the marketing from Sony is just weak.. I didn't see one poster for Resistance 3 or commercial it was terrible marketing. Maybe because of the whole Insomniac to EA but still i dont see why? Its an exclusive.
Back to top Go down
x whiplash 09
Black Ops
Black Ops
x whiplash 09

Sony VS Microsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sony VS Microsoft   Sony VS Microsoft I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 12:05 pm

One of the best newer exclusives MS had was Mass Effect but it is no longer an exclusive.

*like an angry fanboy* MS lost a exclusive so sony should give MS one of their exclusives. LOL jk Laughing
Back to top Go down
whowatchesme
Assassin
Assassin
whowatchesme

Sony VS Microsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sony VS Microsoft   Sony VS Microsoft I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 5:07 pm

Oh yeah publishers have a history of not supporting their 1st party games like marketing wise if that company is already working on another game with a different publisher. EA did it with Crysis 2.
Back to top Go down
CiONE
Founder
CiONE

Sony VS Microsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sony VS Microsoft   Sony VS Microsoft I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 11:59 am

whowatchesme wrote:
Oh yeah publishers have a history of not supporting their 1st party games like marketing wise if that company is already working on another game with a different publisher. EA did it with Crysis 2.

Yeah this is true, were slowly seeing many exclusives being lost by both sides.
Back to top Go down
xKeRo-
Noob King
Noob King
xKeRo-

Number of posts : 139

Sony VS Microsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sony VS Microsoft   Sony VS Microsoft I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 12:32 pm

i seen R3 stuff all over espn's website and channels scratch

By far Sony's best exclusive is uncharted and then maybe twisted metal! twisted metal is bringing people from 360 to ps3 because the game will just be epic
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1534616618
x whiplash 09
Black Ops
Black Ops
x whiplash 09

Sony VS Microsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sony VS Microsoft   Sony VS Microsoft I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 4:21 pm

xKeRo- wrote:

By far Sony's best exclusive is uncharted and then maybe twisted metal! twisted metal is bringing people from 360 to ps3 because the game will just be epic

I think it is bringing they to ps3 because they played it growing up and liked so they want to play the new one.
Back to top Go down
CiONE
Founder
CiONE

Sony VS Microsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sony VS Microsoft   Sony VS Microsoft I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 5:39 pm

xKeRo- wrote:

Uncharted yeah but as much as we all like twisted metal its definitely not a huge IP.. Halo converts people, Metal Gear Solid does too but its on 360 now.. i dont think twisted metal is on the level of those types of games, the average person never heard of TM

Back to top Go down
x whiplash 09
Black Ops
Black Ops
x whiplash 09

Sony VS Microsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sony VS Microsoft   Sony VS Microsoft I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 5:41 pm

CiONE wrote:
xKeRo- wrote:

Uncharted yeah but as much as we all like twisted metal its definitely not a huge IP.. Halo converts people, Metal Gear Solid does too but its on 360 now.. i dont think twisted metal is on the level of those types of games, the average person never heard of TM

Yea the only people i see buying it when it comes out is franchise fans i don't see that many new people hoping on it
Back to top Go down
CiONE
Founder
CiONE

Sony VS Microsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sony VS Microsoft   Sony VS Microsoft I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 5:43 pm

x whiplash 09 wrote:
CiONE wrote:
xKeRo- wrote:

Yea the only people i see buying it when it comes out is franchise fans i don't see that many new people hoping on it

Exactly its not a huge game like MGS or Halo and shit like that.. I dont even think Gears qualifies as a console converter for the general person but its close but theres very few games.
Back to top Go down
x whiplash 09
Black Ops
Black Ops
x whiplash 09

Sony VS Microsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sony VS Microsoft   Sony VS Microsoft I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 5:44 pm

CiONE wrote:
x whiplash 09 wrote:
CiONE wrote:
xKeRo- wrote:

Exactly its not a huge game like MGS or Halo and shit like that.. I dont even think Gears qualifies as a console converter for the general person but its close but theres very few games.
ME could have been but it is one both now.
Back to top Go down
CiONE
Founder
CiONE

Sony VS Microsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sony VS Microsoft   Sony VS Microsoft I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 5:45 pm

x whiplash 09 wrote:
CiONE wrote:
x whiplash 09 wrote:
CiONE wrote:
xKeRo- wrote:

ME could have been but it is one both now.

Yeah agreed.
Back to top Go down
whowatchesme
Assassin
Assassin
whowatchesme

Sony VS Microsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sony VS Microsoft   Sony VS Microsoft I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 10:32 am

Believe it or not Gears is a huge console converter.... Gears 2 prevent the PS3 from booming when G2 came out.

Yeah Twisted Metal isn't a console hit it was more of cult hit than anything else.. Black was probably the best selling TM and the only one I played.

Exclusives are dead anyways... which is a good thing I believe everyone should get a piece of the pie.

... what's crazy is that MS doesn't own the Gears IP maybe not in this generation of consoles but the next gears will be multi platform. Same thing happen with ME.
Back to top Go down
CiONE
Founder
CiONE

Sony VS Microsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sony VS Microsoft   Sony VS Microsoft I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 12:58 pm

whowatchesme wrote:
Believe it or not Gears is a huge console converter.... Gears 2 prevent the PS3 from booming when G2 came out.

Yeah Twisted Metal isn't a console hit it was more of cult hit than anything else.. Black was probably the best selling TM and the only one I played.

Exclusives are dead anyways... which is a good thing I believe everyone should get a piece of the pie.

... what's crazy is that MS doesn't own the Gears IP maybe not in this generation of consoles but the next gears will be multi platform. Same thing happen with ME.

Yeah i mean Gears does have a large mass appeal so i definitely stand corrected, theres other games out there that could qualify as console converters i just cant think, maybe God of War etc. And when i say console converters i mean like large quantities of people you know? not because your uncle sam LOVES littlebigplanet and traded in his 360 for a ps3 Laughing

I feel iffy on the exclusives, yeah if there are none then everyone gets to play everything but then again without them some consoles would have never made it, i think ps3 is one of them. Firstly the xbox 360 was dominating the market, people like to overlook this but 360s launch games were just as terrible and no where to be found like the ps3, but everyone shits on the ps3s launch because the 360 was already out and when 360 came out it was the first next gen console..

I mean Xbox has a better online service, yeah Sonys is free but Sony has a large pile of exclusives from the psone and ps2 days and i know thats why i picked a ps3 over 360 initially.. maybe the blu ray player also convinced people but talking gaming i think ps3 would have been the next dreamcast without exclusives..

And yeah i think Gears will go multiplatform after 3 without a doubt.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sony VS Microsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sony VS Microsoft   Sony VS Microsoft I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sony VS Microsoft
Page 1 of 1