HomePortalRegisterSearchMemberlistUsergroupsCalendarFAQLog in

Share | 
 

 Sony VS Microsoft

Go down 

What do you feel about this?
Microsoft is protecting inferior technology
50%
 50% [ 2 ]
Smart move by Microsoft
25%
 25% [ 1 ]
Who Cares
25%
 25% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4
 

AuthorMessage
CiONE
Founder
avatar

Number of posts : 4482

PostSubject: Sony VS Microsoft   Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:46 pm

Did you guys see this yet? Click Here

Basically microsoft is saying they can refuse any game that does not launch at least simultaneously with competitors, or if the competitors version of the game has more content they can refuse to support that game. This is coming from the company that acquired CoD map packs a month or so earlier then ps3 every time.. Among other things

How do you feel about this? I love my xbox and my ps3, but this is just ridiculous to me.


_________________



Back to top Go down
View user profile
x whiplash 09
Black Ops
Black Ops
avatar

Number of posts : 312

PostSubject: Re: Sony VS Microsoft   Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:36 pm

MS is being dumb but who cares cause in 2 years a new xbox console will be out.
But i vote who cares cause i own both some i cant get games MS wont release.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CiONE
Founder
avatar

Number of posts : 4482

PostSubject: Re: Sony VS Microsoft   Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:38 pm

x whiplash 09 wrote:
MS is being dumb but who cares cause in 2 years a new xbox console will be out.
But i vote who cares cause i own both some i cant get games MS wont release.

The thing is if a game came with extra content on ps3 because it wouldn't fit on xbox and microsoft refused to put it on its console, that would discourage the developers to even put the extra content on the ps3 version so it would "dumb down" the ps3 (or wii u) version of the game..

It would be a lose - lose situation.

_________________



Back to top Go down
View user profile
x whiplash 09
Black Ops
Black Ops
avatar

Number of posts : 312

PostSubject: Re: Sony VS Microsoft   Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:42 pm

CiONE wrote:
x whiplash 09 wrote:
MS is being dumb but who cares cause in 2 years a new xbox console will be out.
But i vote who cares cause i own both some i cant get games MS wont release.

The thing is if a game came with extra content on ps3 because it wouldn't fit on xbox and microsoft refused to put it on its console, that would discourage the developers to even put the extra content on the ps3 version so it would "dumb down" the ps3 (or wii u) version of the game..

It would be a lose - lose situation.

Didn't think of it like that. I think wii u will flop.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CiONE
Founder
avatar

Number of posts : 4482

PostSubject: Re: Sony VS Microsoft   Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:45 pm

x whiplash 09 wrote:
CiONE wrote:
x whiplash 09 wrote:
MS is being dumb but who cares cause in 2 years a new xbox console will be out.
But i vote who cares cause i own both some i cant get games MS wont release.

The thing is if a game came with extra content on ps3 because it wouldn't fit on xbox and microsoft refused to put it on its console, that would discourage the developers to even put the extra content on the ps3 version so it would "dumb down" the ps3 (or wii u) version of the game..

It would be a lose - lose situation.

Didn't think of it like that. I think wii u will flop.

It probably will, but yeah it could be gay if they do this.

_________________



Back to top Go down
View user profile
x whiplash 09
Black Ops
Black Ops
avatar

Number of posts : 312

PostSubject: Re: Sony VS Microsoft   Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:08 am

CiONE wrote:
x whiplash 09 wrote:
CiONE wrote:
x whiplash 09 wrote:
MS is being dumb but who cares cause in 2 years a new xbox console will be out.
But i vote who cares cause i own both some i cant get games MS wont release.

The thing is if a game came with extra content on ps3 because it wouldn't fit on xbox and microsoft refused to put it on its console, that would discourage the developers to even put the extra content on the ps3 version so it would "dumb down" the ps3 (or wii u) version of the game..

It would be a lose - lose situation.

Didn't think of it like that. I think wii u will flop.

It probably will, but yeah it could be gay if they do this.
it will be gay but it wouldn't surprise me after all it is MS we are talking about.

_________________


Back to top Go down
View user profile
CiONE
Founder
avatar

Number of posts : 4482

PostSubject: Re: Sony VS Microsoft   Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:29 pm

Yeah great company but they are a ... company, they need to make their money.

_________________



Back to top Go down
View user profile
whowatchesme
Assassin
Assassin
avatar

Number of posts : 120

PostSubject: Re: Sony VS Microsoft   Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:47 am

MS only does this because they lack 1st party titles so they try to get the best from the 3rd party titles to market them as exclusives or have a 1up over the competitor. MS is smart business company I'll give them that but that's why they also lack creative on a massive scale.

SONY has soul brother man. There releases even tho I'm not interested most of them anymore are solid. So far the only SONY games I'm looking forward to are StarHawk and Last Guardian. SONY still doesn't get the gaming business or I should say they don't wanna be tyrants anymore because when the ps1 and ps2 were out... man did SONY rule with an iron fist. I honestly think SONY needs to produce more original IPs like the two I mentioned. I feel like they are milking there current franchises and becoming Nintendo. I don't want another Nintendo.

I always said it SONY better games MS better service.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CiONE
Founder
avatar

Number of posts : 4482

PostSubject: Re: Sony VS Microsoft   Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:56 am

whowatchesme wrote:
MS only does this because they lack 1st party titles so they try to get the best from the 3rd party titles to market them as exclusives or have a 1up over the competitor. MS is smart business company I'll give them that but that's why they also lack creative on a massive scale.

SONY has soul brother man. There releases even tho I'm not interested most of them anymore are solid. So far the only SONY games I'm looking forward to are StarHawk and Last Guardian. SONY still doesn't get the gaming business or I should say they don't wanna be tyrants anymore because when the ps1 and ps2 were out... man did SONY rule with an iron fist. I honestly think SONY needs to produce more original IPs like the two I mentioned. I feel like they are milking there current franchises and becoming Nintendo. I don't want another Nintendo.

I always said it SONY better games MS better service.

I would generally agree with that, I mean the marketing from Sony is just weak.. I didn't see one poster for Resistance 3 or commercial it was terrible marketing. Maybe because of the whole Insomniac to EA but still i dont see why? Its an exclusive.

_________________



Back to top Go down
View user profile
x whiplash 09
Black Ops
Black Ops
avatar

Number of posts : 312

PostSubject: Re: Sony VS Microsoft   Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:05 pm

One of the best newer exclusives MS had was Mass Effect but it is no longer an exclusive.

*like an angry fanboy* MS lost a exclusive so sony should give MS one of their exclusives. LOL jk Laughing

_________________


Back to top Go down
View user profile
whowatchesme
Assassin
Assassin
avatar

Number of posts : 120

PostSubject: Re: Sony VS Microsoft   Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:07 pm

Oh yeah publishers have a history of not supporting their 1st party games like marketing wise if that company is already working on another game with a different publisher. EA did it with Crysis 2.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CiONE
Founder
avatar

Number of posts : 4482

PostSubject: Re: Sony VS Microsoft   Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:59 am

whowatchesme wrote:
Oh yeah publishers have a history of not supporting their 1st party games like marketing wise if that company is already working on another game with a different publisher. EA did it with Crysis 2.

Yeah this is true, were slowly seeing many exclusives being lost by both sides.

_________________



Back to top Go down
View user profile
xKeRo-
Noob King
Noob King
avatar

Number of posts : 139

PostSubject: Re: Sony VS Microsoft   Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:32 pm

i seen R3 stuff all over espn's website and channels scratch

By far Sony's best exclusive is uncharted and then maybe twisted metal! twisted metal is bringing people from 360 to ps3 because the game will just be epic

_________________
PSN: xKeRo-
CLAN: Throwback [K|B]
Came in 4th in R2 50k
R3, Uncharted 3, Twisted Metal
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1534616618
x whiplash 09
Black Ops
Black Ops
avatar

Number of posts : 312

PostSubject: Re: Sony VS Microsoft   Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:21 pm

xKeRo- wrote:
i seen R3 stuff all over espn's website and channels scratch

By far Sony's best exclusive is uncharted and then maybe twisted metal! twisted metal is bringing people from 360 to ps3 because the game will just be epic

I think it is bringing they to ps3 because they played it growing up and liked so they want to play the new one.

_________________


Back to top Go down
View user profile
CiONE
Founder
avatar

Number of posts : 4482

PostSubject: Re: Sony VS Microsoft   Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:39 pm

xKeRo- wrote:
i seen R3 stuff all over espn's website and channels scratch

By far Sony's best exclusive is uncharted and then maybe twisted metal! twisted metal is bringing people from 360 to ps3 because the game will just be epic

Uncharted yeah but as much as we all like twisted metal its definitely not a huge IP.. Halo converts people, Metal Gear Solid does too but its on 360 now.. i dont think twisted metal is on the level of those types of games, the average person never heard of TM


_________________



Back to top Go down
View user profile
x whiplash 09
Black Ops
Black Ops
avatar

Number of posts : 312

PostSubject: Re: Sony VS Microsoft   Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:41 pm

CiONE wrote:
xKeRo- wrote:
i seen R3 stuff all over espn's website and channels scratch

By far Sony's best exclusive is uncharted and then maybe twisted metal! twisted metal is bringing people from 360 to ps3 because the game will just be epic

Uncharted yeah but as much as we all like twisted metal its definitely not a huge IP.. Halo converts people, Metal Gear Solid does too but its on 360 now.. i dont think twisted metal is on the level of those types of games, the average person never heard of TM


Yea the only people i see buying it when it comes out is franchise fans i don't see that many new people hoping on it

_________________


Back to top Go down
View user profile
CiONE
Founder
avatar

Number of posts : 4482

PostSubject: Re: Sony VS Microsoft   Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:43 pm

x whiplash 09 wrote:
CiONE wrote:
xKeRo- wrote:
i seen R3 stuff all over espn's website and channels scratch

By far Sony's best exclusive is uncharted and then maybe twisted metal! twisted metal is bringing people from 360 to ps3 because the game will just be epic

Uncharted yeah but as much as we all like twisted metal its definitely not a huge IP.. Halo converts people, Metal Gear Solid does too but its on 360 now.. i dont think twisted metal is on the level of those types of games, the average person never heard of TM


Yea the only people i see buying it when it comes out is franchise fans i don't see that many new people hoping on it

Exactly its not a huge game like MGS or Halo and shit like that.. I dont even think Gears qualifies as a console converter for the general person but its close but theres very few games.

_________________



Back to top Go down
View user profile
x whiplash 09
Black Ops
Black Ops
avatar

Number of posts : 312

PostSubject: Re: Sony VS Microsoft   Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:44 pm

CiONE wrote:
x whiplash 09 wrote:
CiONE wrote:
xKeRo- wrote:
i seen R3 stuff all over espn's website and channels scratch

By far Sony's best exclusive is uncharted and then maybe twisted metal! twisted metal is bringing people from 360 to ps3 because the game will just be epic

Uncharted yeah but as much as we all like twisted metal its definitely not a huge IP.. Halo converts people, Metal Gear Solid does too but its on 360 now.. i dont think twisted metal is on the level of those types of games, the average person never heard of TM


Yea the only people i see buying it when it comes out is franchise fans i don't see that many new people hoping on it

Exactly its not a huge game like MGS or Halo and shit like that.. I dont even think Gears qualifies as a console converter for the general person but its close but theres very few games.
ME could have been but it is one both now.

_________________


Back to top Go down
View user profile
CiONE
Founder
avatar

Number of posts : 4482

PostSubject: Re: Sony VS Microsoft   Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:45 pm

x whiplash 09 wrote:
CiONE wrote:
x whiplash 09 wrote:
CiONE wrote:
xKeRo- wrote:
i seen R3 stuff all over espn's website and channels scratch

By far Sony's best exclusive is uncharted and then maybe twisted metal! twisted metal is bringing people from 360 to ps3 because the game will just be epic

Uncharted yeah but as much as we all like twisted metal its definitely not a huge IP.. Halo converts people, Metal Gear Solid does too but its on 360 now.. i dont think twisted metal is on the level of those types of games, the average person never heard of TM


Yea the only people i see buying it when it comes out is franchise fans i don't see that many new people hoping on it

Exactly its not a huge game like MGS or Halo and shit like that.. I dont even think Gears qualifies as a console converter for the general person but its close but theres very few games.
ME could have been but it is one both now.

Yeah agreed.

_________________



Back to top Go down
View user profile
whowatchesme
Assassin
Assassin
avatar

Number of posts : 120

PostSubject: Re: Sony VS Microsoft   Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:32 am

Believe it or not Gears is a huge console converter.... Gears 2 prevent the PS3 from booming when G2 came out.

Yeah Twisted Metal isn't a console hit it was more of cult hit than anything else.. Black was probably the best selling TM and the only one I played.


Exclusives are dead anyways... which is a good thing I believe everyone should get a piece of the pie.


... what's crazy is that MS doesn't own the Gears IP maybe not in this generation of consoles but the next gears will be multi platform. Same thing happen with ME.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CiONE
Founder
avatar

Number of posts : 4482

PostSubject: Re: Sony VS Microsoft   Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:58 pm

whowatchesme wrote:
Believe it or not Gears is a huge console converter.... Gears 2 prevent the PS3 from booming when G2 came out.

Yeah Twisted Metal isn't a console hit it was more of cult hit than anything else.. Black was probably the best selling TM and the only one I played.


Exclusives are dead anyways... which is a good thing I believe everyone should get a piece of the pie.


... what's crazy is that MS doesn't own the Gears IP maybe not in this generation of consoles but the next gears will be multi platform. Same thing happen with ME.

Yeah i mean Gears does have a large mass appeal so i definitely stand corrected, theres other games out there that could qualify as console converters i just cant think, maybe God of War etc. And when i say console converters i mean like large quantities of people you know? not because your uncle sam LOVES littlebigplanet and traded in his 360 for a ps3 Laughing

I feel iffy on the exclusives, yeah if there are none then everyone gets to play everything but then again without them some consoles would have never made it, i think ps3 is one of them. Firstly the xbox 360 was dominating the market, people like to overlook this but 360s launch games were just as terrible and no where to be found like the ps3, but everyone shits on the ps3s launch because the 360 was already out and when 360 came out it was the first next gen console..

I mean Xbox has a better online service, yeah Sonys is free but Sony has a large pile of exclusives from the psone and ps2 days and i know thats why i picked a ps3 over 360 initially.. maybe the blu ray player also convinced people but talking gaming i think ps3 would have been the next dreamcast without exclusives..

And yeah i think Gears will go multiplatform after 3 without a doubt.


_________________



Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Sony VS Microsoft   

Back to top Go down
 
Sony VS Microsoft
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Discussion :: Off-Topic Chat-
Jump to: