Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalRegisterLatest imagesSearchLog in

Resistance 3 | No Spoilers

Go down 
+3
x whiplash 09
CiONE
xKeRo-
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Do you like R3 ?
Yes
Resistance 3 | No Spoilers I_vote_lcap71%Resistance 3 | No Spoilers I_vote_rcap
 71% [ 5 ]
No
Resistance 3 | No Spoilers I_vote_lcap29%Resistance 3 | No Spoilers I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
CiONE
Founder
CiONE

Number of posts : 4482

Resistance 3 | No Spoilers Empty
PostSubject: Resistance 3 | No Spoilers   Resistance 3 | No Spoilers I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 6:39 pm

Resistance 3 | No Spoilers Resistance3LogoBanner004

Platform: Playstation 3
Release Date: September 6, 2011
Developer: Insomniac Games
Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment

Plot[/center]

The game will not follow the main protagonist of the previous two games, Nathan Hale. Instead, it will follow the story of Joseph Capelli, who was introduced in the previous installment, Resistance 2. The game takes place in 1957, 4 years after the events of Resistance 2, where Capelli has since started a family with former protagonist's, Nathan Hale's, stepsister, Susan. The Chimera have since become the dominant race in the world, while the surviving humans have turned to cannibalism due to a lack of food. Around 90% of humanity has been eradicated.

The game begins with Capelli who is living with his wife and child in Haven, Oklahoma, an underground human outpost. On August 9, 1957, Dr. Fyodor Malikov turns up to ask Joseph for one last favor, which is to help destroy the wormhole created in New York City after the Chimeran Fleet was wiped out on June 26, 1953. Soon afterwards, a Chimeran Death Squad finds out Haven and attacks the town. Capelli and the other residents fight off the Chimera, in which he subsequently decides to follow Malikov to New York.

One of the Chimeran goals seems to be to open a wormhole. To where is unknown, but it is presumably to their home planet.

Multiplayer

Resistance 3 features 16 player competitive online multiplayer with both deathmatch and objective-based modes. It also includes a customizable progression system where players spend points earned by playing online to unlock customized loadouts that include various tactical and combat attributes. There is also a co-operative mode where players can team up to play through the story mode either online or split-screen. Unlike in Resistance 2, there will be no 8 player co-op. The multiplayer maps are set in locations around the world such as the Fort Lamy prison in the Republic of Chad, Africa; a Trainyard in Bogoto, Columbia; a seaside map set in Wales, and Alice Springs, Australia. Some of these maps are not included in the story mode.

Discuss the story, multiplayer, and features of Resistance 3 here in this thread. Also don't forget to vote in the poll.

Last edited by CiONE on Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:07 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
xKeRo-
Noob King
Noob King
xKeRo-

Number of posts : 139

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3 | No Spoilers   Resistance 3 | No Spoilers I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 12:19 pm

the feel is in the middle of rfom and r2 has both of its traits its like the evil child of it. They still need to fix a few items... Carbine is to weak, shotgun is way to good, the invisible perk chimera get is way to good cant even see them at all, spawns are eh easy to spawn camp
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1534616618
CiONE
Founder
CiONE

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3 | No Spoilers   Resistance 3 | No Spoilers I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 12:30 pm

xKeRo- wrote:
the feel is in the middle of rfom and r2 has both of its traits its like the evil child of it. They still need to fix a few items... Carbine is to weak, shotgun is way to good, the invisible perk chimera get is way to good cant even see them at all, spawns are eh easy to spawn camp

Firstly i would like to thank you for posting to help get this active, secondly i agree with everything you said. The game is really good its better then i expected.
Back to top Go down
xKeRo-
Noob King
Noob King
xKeRo-

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3 | No Spoilers   Resistance 3 | No Spoilers I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 1:51 pm

better than i expected as well, i was thinking it was going more towards R2 but now after playing it i think it is in the middle and almost its own game. I think the graphics seem better than both RFoM and R2. The R2 qualities it has are eh i wasn't a fan of the berserks and a few in this game seem a little to good like invisibility
Back to top Go down
CiONE
Founder
CiONE

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3 | No Spoilers   Resistance 3 | No Spoilers I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 1:54 pm

xKeRo- wrote:
better than i expected as well, i was thinking it was going more towards R2 but now after playing it i think it is in the middle and almost its own game. I think the graphics seem better than both RFoM and R2. The R2 qualities it has are eh i wasn't a fan of the berserks and a few in this game seem a little to good like invisibility

Yeah the berserks are kinda gay, i wish there was no killstreaks in the game too but whatever they arent that powerful.. the auger is a beast but you have it for a short time ..

The graphics are better, but i still like the scale of characters in RFoM, what i mean is how much bigger the characters were on your screen, and i dont like that chimera and humans are the same size still.. but the game is its own game not a carbon copy of cod like R2 was.
Back to top Go down
xKeRo-
Noob King
Noob King
xKeRo-

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3 | No Spoilers   Resistance 3 | No Spoilers I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 1:58 pm

yea killstreaks arent that bad at all just not into them its hard to get auger and mutant but the 3 kill streaks are WAY to good imo.

I liked the feature RFoM had with chimera can see threw ways but will be seen on radar and humans can run without being seen.

They completely got rid of that trait the chimera had!
Back to top Go down
CiONE
Founder
CiONE

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3 | No Spoilers   Resistance 3 | No Spoilers I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 2:05 pm

xKeRo- wrote:
yea killstreaks arent that bad at all just not into them its hard to get auger and mutant but the 3 kill streaks are WAY to good imo.

I liked the feature RFoM had with chimera can see threw ways but will be seen on radar and humans can run without being seen.

Yeah i know, i dont understand why it was a cool idea.. but i think they got rid of it because of overheating but overheating is how they kept their strength in the first one in check so they werent overpowered.
Back to top Go down
xKeRo-
Noob King
Noob King
xKeRo-

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3 | No Spoilers   Resistance 3 | No Spoilers I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 2:09 pm

CiONE wrote:
xKeRo- wrote:

Yeah i know, i dont understand why it was a cool idea.. but i think they got rid of it because of overheating but overheating is how they kept their strength in the first one in check so they werent overpowered.
it was even advantage that game will never be overtaken in awesomeness

#laark1
Back to top Go down
CiONE
Founder
CiONE

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3 | No Spoilers   Resistance 3 | No Spoilers I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 2:11 pm

xKeRo- wrote:
CiONE wrote:
xKeRo- wrote:

#laark1

It was before its time, too bad IG tried to copy other games and lost their identity in R2, but R3 is back on track.

Laark#2
Back to top Go down
xKeRo-
Noob King
Noob King
xKeRo-

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3 | No Spoilers   Resistance 3 | No Spoilers I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 2:14 pm

CiONE wrote:
xKeRo- wrote:
CiONE wrote:
xKeRo- wrote:

#laark1

It was before its time, too bad IG tried to copy other games and lost their identity in R2, but R3 is back on track.

Laark#2
yea no doubt. got rid of a few weapons and brought new ones in... i wish they didnt nerf the carbine and sniper. So much different to snipe in R3 doesnt feel like a resistance game
Back to top Go down
CiONE
Founder
CiONE

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3 | No Spoilers   Resistance 3 | No Spoilers I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 2:21 pm

Agreed i dont like the sniper scope or how fast the sniper rifle can shoot, i liked the pause between shots that 1 had.
Back to top Go down
xKeRo-
Noob King
Noob King
xKeRo-

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3 | No Spoilers   Resistance 3 | No Spoilers I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 2:25 pm

yea they i think eliminated sniping basically. Its not the same its harder to get headshots because of how the characters are..

also going to miss making my own person not sure if they completely took that out because it is jsut a beta
Back to top Go down
CiONE
Founder
CiONE

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3 | No Spoilers   Resistance 3 | No Spoilers I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 2:27 pm

xKeRo- wrote:
yea they i think eliminated sniping basically. Its not the same its harder to get headshots because of how the characters are..

also going to miss making my own person not sure if they completely took that out because it is jsut a beta

Again i agree with this, i like actual character customization that 1 (and i think 2 had? not sure i forget).. i mean ill take picking a skin because its better then most games but i prefer my own customization.
Back to top Go down
xKeRo-
Noob King
Noob King
xKeRo-

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3 | No Spoilers   Resistance 3 | No Spoilers I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 2:32 pm

CiONE wrote:
xKeRo- wrote:

Again i agree with this, i like actual character customization that 1 (and i think 2 had? not sure i forget).. i mean ill take picking a skin because its better then most games but i prefer my own customization.
R2 had better Characters they had everything besides the black op skins in it plus more like my farmer i used everyday all day!
Back to top Go down
xKeRo-
Noob King
Noob King
xKeRo-

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3 | No Spoilers   Resistance 3 | No Spoilers I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 6:30 pm

<< Marksmen Whore
Back to top Go down
CiONE
Founder
CiONE

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3 | No Spoilers   Resistance 3 | No Spoilers I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 6:34 pm

xKeRo- wrote:
<< Marksmen Whore

You know how it has no scope at first? i wonder if i upgrade it fully can i use it without the scope anyway because i like it with the iron sights better.
Back to top Go down
x whiplash 09
Black Ops
Black Ops
x whiplash 09

Number of posts : 312

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3 | No Spoilers   Resistance 3 | No Spoilers I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 10:21 pm

anyone getting on the beta tonight?
Back to top Go down
CiONE
Founder
CiONE

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3 | No Spoilers   Resistance 3 | No Spoilers I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 10:22 pm

x whiplash 09 wrote:
anyone getting on the beta tonight?

Albert and skullz are on now, im waiting for an invite so most definitely yes.
Back to top Go down
xKeRo-
Noob King
Noob King
xKeRo-

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3 | No Spoilers   Resistance 3 | No Spoilers I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 11:21 pm

getting the hang of this mofo still hate invisible shotgun homo's
Back to top Go down
CiONE
Founder
CiONE

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3 | No Spoilers   Resistance 3 | No Spoilers I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 12:48 pm

xKeRo- wrote:

yeah they need to make the invisible guys become less transparent while moving like halo does. In Reach the faster you walk the more visible you become, but also when you get close to a invisible enemy your radar scrambles so you know theres an invisible guy around so it helps prevent camping.
Back to top Go down
Eking119
Assassin
Assassin
Eking119

Number of posts : 96

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3 | No Spoilers   Resistance 3 | No Spoilers I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 3:13 pm

CiONE wrote:
xKeRo- wrote:

yeah they need to make the invisible guys become less transparent while moving like halo does. In Reach the faster you walk the more visible you become, but also when you get close to a invisible enemy your radar scrambles so you know theres an invisible guy around so it helps prevent camping.

Yeah. also i hate how the shotgun also shoots out fire
Back to top Go down
CiONE
Founder
CiONE

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3 | No Spoilers   Resistance 3 | No Spoilers I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 3:27 pm

Eking119 wrote:
CiONE wrote:
xKeRo- wrote:

Yeah its overpowered, and im not sure if shaking the controller works or not but if it does its harder to do
Back to top Go down
Eking119
Assassin
Assassin
Eking119

Number of posts : 96

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3 | No Spoilers   Resistance 3 | No Spoilers I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 3:33 pm

CiONE wrote:
Eking119 wrote:
CiONE wrote:
xKeRo- wrote:

Yeah its overpowered, and im not sure if shaking the controller works or not but if it does its harder to do
ye shaking off thigns is much harder
Back to top Go down
whowatchesme
Assassin
Assassin
whowatchesme

Number of posts : 120

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3 | No Spoilers   Resistance 3 | No Spoilers I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 3:59 pm

So how's the beta?
Back to top Go down
CiONE
Founder
CiONE

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3 | No Spoilers   Resistance 3 | No Spoilers I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 4:44 pm

whowatchesme wrote:
So how's the beta?

Its pretty good actually
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3 | No Spoilers   Resistance 3 | No Spoilers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Resistance 3 | No Spoilers
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Video Game Chat :: Video Game Chat-
Jump to: