Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalRegisterLatest imagesSearchLog in

Gems worth checking out...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
whowatchesme
Assassin
Assassin
whowatchesme

Number of posts : 120

Gems worth checking out... Empty
PostSubject: Gems worth checking out...   Gems worth checking out... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 2:15 pm

This my fellow AI's is a place where we can recommend all types of video games from all platforms (no discrimination this is an equal opportunity thread).

I'll start off by recommending Portal 2 and Dead Space 2.

Why?

Portal 2 is probably the best co-op experience to ever come out since Super Mario Bros (opinion). It has one of the best narratives in games since Bioshock (fact). It also has the best writing in a video game ever (fact).... above all else it's fun (another fact) I recommend ya purchasing this gem when the price is at 30 dollars or so because of it's length, although the game will receive free DLC here and there, but not everyone enjoys waiting for extra content.
http://www.thinkwithportals.com/

All I have to say about Dead Space 2 is go buy it. I also recommend the first one which is really cheap now.
http://deadspace.ea.com/

Last edited by whowatchesme on Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
x whiplash 09
Black Ops
Black Ops
x whiplash 09

Number of posts : 312

PostSubject: Re: Gems worth checking out...   Gems worth checking out... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 6:49 pm

Dragon Age: Origins

This my friends is one of the best RPGs I have ever played. Very good story, tons of quest, very good DLC (buy the version that comes with it you can get it right around $30 at your local Gamestop.) Made by Bioware in my opinion one of the best developers that make RPGs. The fighting system if very well done, and some of the best characters I've came across.
Back to top Go down
CiONE
Founder
CiONE

Number of posts : 4482

PostSubject: Re: Gems worth checking out...   Gems worth checking out... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 7:14 pm

Great idea

I would have to recommend to anyone who hasn't played the original BioShock or Assassin's Creed 2.

http://www.bioshockgame.com/

BioShock, like mentioned above has an amazingly written story and one of the best twists i ever seen in a video game. The atmosphere of the setting makes Rapture a important "character" in the game. Great game play, and very imaginative weapons and traps.

http://assassinscreed.us.ubi.com/assassins-creed-2/

Assassin's Creed 2 has to be one of the best games i ever played, you feel a connection to Ezio's quest because you begin the game before he even turns into an Assassin unlike AC1, where Altair is a bad ass dude but kind of a hollow character. The setting from the buildings to the landmarks from Renaissance Italy are amazing and fleshed out, and the game play is one of the best I have played.

Back to top Go down
whowatchesme
Assassin
Assassin
whowatchesme

PostSubject: Re: Gems worth checking out...   Gems worth checking out... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 10:48 pm

Quote :
Rapture is the most beautiful corpse you've ever seen in your life. The city's completely dead but it's still beautiful. That's always held a fascination for me, having both of those things at the same time. That's part of life. That's the Uncanny Valley, that thing that's so close to beautiful but it's that closeness is what makes it awful. That's always been more interesting than a plain old monster.
Back to top Go down
xKeRo-
Noob King
Noob King
xKeRo-

Number of posts : 139

PostSubject: Re: Gems worth checking out...   Gems worth checking out... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 9:38 am

deadspace is amazing love it sooo much
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1534616618
whowatchesme
Assassin
Assassin
whowatchesme

PostSubject: Re: Gems worth checking out...   Gems worth checking out... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 10:39 pm

Batman: Arkham City: Rocksteady has produced a masterpiece that takes the best of the two most well made original IPs of this generation (Bioshock and Assassin's ceed) and turns into something else entirely and it works. Definitely worth checking out. It should be on bargaining bin as well.

And Batman haters... this isn't your fathers Batman this your Batman
Back to top Go down
x whiplash 09
Black Ops
Black Ops
x whiplash 09

Number of posts : 312

PostSubject: Re: Gems worth checking out...   Gems worth checking out... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 12:34 am

i would get batman but i know i wont play it anytime soon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gems worth checking out...   Gems worth checking out... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gems worth checking out...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Video Game Chat :: Video Game Chat-
Jump to: